Motorists are being advised of the following road/lane closures for Friday, May 17 – Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
Note: Lane closures may be impacted by weather conditions over the long weekend.
Anderson Rd. and 24 St. S.W. intersection
The Anderson Rd. and 24 St. S.W. intersection will be heavily restricted during the May long-weekend, from 9 a.m., Friday, May 17, to 5 a.m., Tuesday, May 21. This restriction is necessary to rebuild the centre of the intersection.
Lane restrictions and detours
To accommodate people travelling south, crews are setting up a temporary U-turn lane on westbound Anderson Rd. People travelling north will need to use Woodpark Blvd; 130 Ave. S.W. to 37 St. S.W., and 14 St. S.W. to Southland Dr.A closure will be in effect on northbound 24 St. S.W., including left-turns from northbound 24 St. S.W. to westbound Anderson Rd. and left-turns from eastbound Anderson Rd. to northbound 24 St. S.W.
Major delays are expected because Anderson Rd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Calgary Police Service will be on location to help direct drivers.
Pedestrian and Transit access
The pedestrian crossing at the Anderson Rd./24 St. S.W. intersection will remain open. Calgary Transit Route 56 bus will still run, however the northbound bus route will detour along Woodpark Ave. S.W.
Over the long weekend, there will be no additional lane closures on 14 St. S.W., 90 Ave. S.W., 24 St. (north of Anderson Rd.), Glenmore Tr. and Southland Drive. All right-turns at the Anderson Rd./24 St. S.W. intersection, as well as all other intersections along Anderson Rd., 37 St. S.W. and 14 St. S.W. will remain open.South of Woodview Dr., Water work is underway on 24 St. S.W., with single lane closures currently in place.
Note: Due to the forecasted rain over the long weekend, this closure has been rescheduled to a later date.
- Starting at 8 p.m. on Friday May 17 until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21, northbound Macleod Tr. will be reduced to one lane between 18 Ave. and 14 Ave. S.W. so crews can finish utility work in the area. Access to 17 Ave. from Macleod Tr. will be maintained from the leftmost lane of northbound Macleod Tr. Motorists are encouraged to take alternate routes during this time
17 Ave. S.W.
- Beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21 until early August, there will be a full road closure of 17 Ave. S.W. between 11 and 14 St. S.W. This closure accomodates construction
Bow Trail and 85 St. S.W.
- Beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 17 until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21, there will be closures in place to accommodate the installation of storm water pipes across 85 St. S.W. as part of the Bow Tr. widening project:
- Bow Tr.
- FULL CLOSURE between Old Banff Coach Road and 85 St. S.W
- 85 St. S.W.
- FULL CLOSURE between Wentworth Dr. and Strathlea Ave./Aspenshire Dr.
- Bow Tr.
- The intersections at Wentworth Dr. and Strathlea Ave./Aspenshire Dr. will remain open to maintain access to 85 St. S.W. and area businesses.
- Only northbound 85 St. access to eastbound Bow Tr. available for duration of work.
- Drivers are advised to use Old Banff Coach Road and 17 Ave. S.W. to travel east and west; pedestrians will be detoured around the closure at the intersection of Bow Tr. and 85 St. S.W.
5 St. S.W.
- Beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday, May 17 until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21, 5 St. S.W. will be closed between 13 Ave. S.W. and 14 Ave. S.W. This closure accommodates underground utility work.
6 Ave. S.W. / 9 St. S.W.
- Beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday, May 17 until 4 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21, 6 Ave. S.W. will be closed between 8 St. S.W. and 9 St. S.W., and 9 St. S.W. will be closed between 5 Ave. S.W. and 6 Ave. S.W. Local access will be maintained. Please use an alternate route. This closure accommodates LRT track maintenance.
11 Ave. S.W.
- Beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, May 18 until 7 p.m. on Monday, May 20, lanes will be reduced on 11 Ave. S.W. between 10 St. S.W. and 11 St. S.W. This closure accommodates a water valve repair.
- Starting on Saturday, May 18 at 8 a.m. until Sunday, May 19 at 5 p.m., Memorial Drive west of 10 St. N.W. will be reduced to a single lane in each direction for deep utility installations.
- Starting on Sunday, May 19 at 6 a.m. until Monday, May 20 at 5 a.m., Barlow Tr. S.E. will be closed between 50 Ave. S.E. and 61 Ave. S.E. This closure accommodates CP Rail track repair.
- Starting on Monday, May 20 at 9 p.m. until Tuesday, May 21 at 5 a.m.,, a closure will be in place on Blackfoot Trail between 17 Ave./19 St. S.E. and 42 Ave. S.E. This closure accommodates street cleaning.
9 St. S.E.
- Starting on Tuesday, May 21 at 7 a.m. until Monday, May 27 at 5 p.m., 9 St. S.E. will be closed between 11 St. S.E. and 32 Ave. S.E. This closure accommodates underground utility work.
Additional Road closure information
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportation's services at @yyctransport.