As part of the Crowchild Trail Upgrades Project, The City of Calgary will be reconfiguring the westbound 10 Ave. S.W. to northbound Crowchild Tr. ramp. As part of this reconfiguration, the existing ramp will be FULLY closed for two weeks.
1) The westbound 10 Ave. S.W. to northbound Crowchild Tr. ramp will be closed beginning at 10 p.m. Thursday, June 13 straight through until 5 a.m. on Friday, June 28.
2) Once complete, the newly-reconfigured westbound 10 Ave S.W. ramp will temporarily merge onto the right-hand side of Crowchild Tr.
3) The westbound Bow Tr. to northbound Crowchild Tr. ramp will continue to come up into its own lane on the far left-hand side of Crowchild Tr. as it does now.
4) By the end of this summer, both ramps will be reconfigured and the 10 Ave. S.W. merge condition onto Crowchild Tr. will be eliminated; Traffic from the 10 Ave. S.W. and Bow Tr. ramps will join together and enter northbound Crowchild Tr. as a dedicated, added right-hand lane.
The City of Calgary will have detours in place and is suggesting the following routes:
For westbound 10 Ave. traffic travelling northbound on Crowchild Tr.:
- Option A: Northbound 14 St. > Westbound Memorial Dr. > Northbound Crowchild Tr.
- Please Note: We will be modifying green light time along 14 St. N. to accommodate increased traffic volumes.
- Option B: Westbound Bow Tr. > Southbound 26 St. > Eastbound 17 Ave. > Northbound Crowchild Tr.
For eastbound Bow Tr. traffic travelling northbound on Crowchild Tr.:
- Continue on Eastbound Bow Tr. > Northbound 16 St. > Westbound Bow Tr. > Northbound Crowchild Tr.
For more information, visit calgary.ca/crowchild.
– 30 –